I just returned from my beach-side vacay and read some great summer reads so what perfect timing that we have author Lauren Layne joining us today with her favorite summer reads?! Enjoy!
Top 5 Favorite Summer Reads
(1) Practice Makes Perfect (Julie James) – It’s embarrassing how many times I’ve read this book. I love ALL of JJ’s books, but this is the one I keep going back to. The “admission of love” scene is amazing.
(2) Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone (JK Rowling) – This is my ultimate feel-good read. I love the whole HP series, but I’ve read this one the most. It really is magical. (Sorry. I had to)
(3) Anything written by Sandra Brown; I’ve been a huge fan of hers since she was writing category romance. She mostly writes romantic suspense now, which isn’t usually my favorite genre, but everything this woman writes is an absolute page-turner. Start with Exclusive; SUCH a fun beach read.
(4) Sarah Maclean’s historical romances. I love them all, and can’t pick just one. But if you’re new to historical, wondering where to start, THIS is the author that will convert you!
(5) Wallbanger (Alice Clayton); I freaking loved this book. The author’s voice is so distinct, and she neatly dodges all sorts of clichés. It’s TRULY a fresh, unique read. Love.
(The Best Mistake #1)
by Lauren Layne
paperback/ebook, 260 pages
Published July 29th 2014 by Forever
Love is the Biggest Gamble of All . . .
Cocktail waitress Sophie Dalton doesn't exactly have a life plan. She's perfectly happy being everyone's favorite party girl. But when a Las Vegas bachelorette party goes awry and an uptight businessman mistakes Sophie for a prostitute . . . well, Sophie wonders if it's time to reevaluate her priorities. Swearing off her thigh-high boots for good, Sophie slinks back home with damaged pride-and a jackpot of a hangover.
Yet what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay there. On a trip to Seattle to open a new office, Grayson Wyatt meets his latest employee-who turns out to be the same woman he recently called a hooker. Wealthy and gorgeous, Gray is a man used to getting what he wants. And it doesn't take long to figure out that smart, sassy, sexy Sophie is everything he's been looking for. As their late nights at the office turn into hot morning-afters, they realize their Vegas misunderstanding may lead to the real thing . . .
About Lauren Layne
Lauren Layne writes contemporary romance for Grand Central Publishing (Forever) and Random House(Loveswept).
After dabbling in an e-commerce career in Seattle and Southern California, Lauren moved to New York City where she now writes full time.
Lauren graduated from Santa Clara University with B.S. in Political Science that she has yet to put to good use. She lives with her husband and plus-sized pomeranian in a tiny Manhattan studio. http://laurenlayne.com/
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment
Due to time constraints we may not be able to personally respond to every comment made, but we do read and appreciate them all. 📚❤️🙂
✋ RBtWBC has a zero-tolerance policy for review harassment and author bashing. Such comments will be deleted at the the blog's discretion.