Thanks so much for having me as your guest today. Love the name of the blog! I think I want to use it as the title for my memoirs. Hic!
Next Tuesday, I have a new book out (I’ll drink to that!). It’s called WHAT A DUKE DARES and it’s number three in my Sons of Sin series. If any of you have read the other SoS books, you’ll know Camden Rothermere, the Duke of Sedgemoor, Mr. Cool, Calm and Composed (that doesn’t last in this story!).
At the start of Duke, Cam proposes to his childhood friend Penelope Thorne. To his utter amazement, she says no and hares off to Europe, seemingly preferring the company of an eccentric aunt to becoming his duchess. You can see why he doesn’t stick to cool, calm and composed!
I wondered what Pen would pack when she runs away from a marriage proposal from the most eligible man in England. Here’s what she told me:
1. SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL by Helen Gurley Brown. The full title of this publishing sensation from 1962 says it all for our Regency heroine. SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL: THE UNMARRIED GIRL’S GUIDE TO MEN. Pen intends to do her best to forget the arrogant but breathtakingly attractive Duke of Sedgemoor, and Europe is full of attractive men to help her!
2. Her swimming costume. There’s a scene or two in the book where things get very watery. I had a watery first kiss in A RAKE’S MIDNIGHT KISS. The first kiss in WHAT A DUKE DARES gets positively oceanic before it’s over!
3. Her pistol. The first time Pen and Cam meet after the disastrous proposal is during a bandit attack in the Alps. Cam might be the heroic type (actually, he is), but Pen’s not the sort to faint and complain when there are bad guys to be chased off with a shot or two.
4. Flea powder. You’d think a woman traveling with one of the richest men in England would stay in luxurious accommodation. But unfortunately, the backroads of Italy are full of ratty, ramshackle inns. Even worse, some of them don’t have more than one bedroom available for a man and woman pretending to be married. What is a headstrong heroine to do?
5. The HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DUKE series. Did you know HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DUKE has a linked series all about what to do with troublesome, fire-breathing noblemen? Pen has been studying these books very closely, but the techniques don’t seem to work on Cam the way they do on the cooperative duke in the stories. Even once they get back to England, he’s still a troublesome project for our heroine. Perhaps Cam’s been reading HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DUCHESS?
So if you were running away from home, what five things would you pack?
(Sons of Sin #3)
by Anna Campbell
Paperback, 432 pages
Expected publication: August 26th 2014 by Forever
A REPUTATION AT RISK
What woman in her right mind would say no to marrying the dashing Duke of Sedgemoor? Miss Penelope Thorne, that's who. She's known Camden Rothermere since they were children-and she also knows she'd bring nothing but scandal to his name.
Cam can hardly believe Penelope turned down his proposal. But if she wants to run off to the Continent and set the rumor mill ablaze, he can't stop her. Then her brother's dying request sends him to bring home the one woman he thought he'd finally gotten over.
The only way they'll both get back to London without their reputations in tatters is to pretend they're married during the journey. That means kissing like they mean it and even sharing a bed-until it becomes hard to tell where the game ends and true desire begins . . .
Always a voracious reader, ANNA CAMPBELL decided when she was a child that she wanted to be a writer. Once she discovered the wonderful world of romance novels, she knew exactly what she wanted to write. Anna has won numerous awards for her Avon historical romances including Romantic TimesReviewers Choice, the Booksellers Best, the Golden Quill, the Heart of Excellence, the Aspen Gold and the Australian Romance Readers Association's most popular historical romance (twice). Her books have twice been nominated for Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA Award and twice for Australia's Romantic Book of the Year. When she's not writing passionate, intense stories featuring gorgeous Regency heroes and the women who are their destiny, Anna loves to travel, especially in the United Kingdom, and listen to all kinds of music. She lives near the sea on the east coast of Australia, where she's losing her battle with an overgrown subtropical garden. http://annacampbell.info/
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Very nice post Anna & Crystal,ReplyDelete
If I was running away from home I would take my horse, dogs, cat, books & Kindle I consider that one catagory, and laptop&cell phone. I consider that 5 items.
Out of the Kindle & books if one dies I still have the other. Same with the laptop & cell phone. Yeah I know I cheat! lol
If I were to run away from home, the five things I would pack are:ReplyDelete
My Kindle and recharger;
My Tablet and recharger;
My cell phone and recharger;
A case with changes of casual
clothing, toiletries & money;
My dearest Yorkie, Maggie.
Thanks for the interesting question!
Teresa, what's a few extra items among friends! Great list!ReplyDelete
Janice, love that you're running away from home with your pooch! Works for me!ReplyDelete
My debit card, laptop, comfy clothes, Coke & snacks. I don't think the hamster would travel well. lolReplyDelete