Hello, everyone, and happy holidays! Today I’m going to share my Top 5 Favorite Dishes for My Holiday Table. Maybe one or more of these will make your list!
Let’s get started, because I’m hungry!
1. Turkey. Now, I’m mostly a vegetarian, but when I travel and during the holidays, I tend to slip, and one of the reasons is turkey. I really love it smoked, but I’ll take it any way it’s served!
2. Dressing. Dressing, not stuffing. I love to mix it up every year and try something new…maybe with cranberries or apples and sausage…I’m all for tradition, but I also like to take one traditional dish every year and do something different.
3. Potatoes. I love potatoes, and I’ll eat them pretty much any way they are prepared. Just pass them my way, please!
4. Okay, many of you will think I’m weird, but one of my very favorite holiday dishes is roasted Brussels sprouts. Yep, seriously. Done right (as in, browned in bacon drippings,) those little veggies are awesome. I never liked them until I tried them done with lots of flavor, and now I actually crave them. Yum!
5. I’m not a dessert person (I know, I’m a weirdo,) but I do love Christmas cookies…as long as they don’t contain nuts! Christmas is the one time I truly indulge in sweets, and I can put down a LOT of cookies. But oh, how I hate making them!
So what about you? What is your very favorite holiday dish? (And thanks to everyone at Reading Between the Wines Book Club for having me!)