We are really excited to share with you the second book in Jessie Lane's YA/NA Paranormal Romance series, THE FROZEN STAR! Available now! And we're ecstatic to have Jessie Lane join us today! if you haven't started this incredible series yet the first book, THE BURNING STAR, is available for just 99Cents for a limited time only!
Top 5 favorite Y.A.'s
Hi everyone! It’s Melissa from the Jessie Lane duo, and today I’ve stopped by Reading Between the Wines to talk about my Top 5 favorite YA books. I tend to read anything where the cover and title not only grabs my attention, but also spurs my imagination on. And if the blurb on the back drags me in, it becomes a must buy. I love reading anything and everything having to do with the paranormal world. I also love when a writer can reinvent how we see certain mythical creatures. Who wouldn’t want to rewrite how a shifter finds true love, or how a vampire really feels about the stereotypes placed on his kind?
Here are a few of my favorite YA novels out there:
1. The Mortal Instruments: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Out of her entire series this one is my favorite. The battle between Jace and Sebastian is just heating up as Clary struggles with her feelings for Jace.
2. Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine. I have read and reread this book so many times that I have two copies now, plus an ebook version. The entire Morganville Vampires Series is my favorite YA/NA go to series that with each book Rachel keeps her hooks in you until the very last written word.
3. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor was something I stumbled upon while in the book store one day. It’s a different take on Alice in Wonderland, but Frank calls her Princess Alyss along with her assassin bodyguard, Hatter M.
4. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz is another one where the writer took a different spin on vampires and made you think twice about who to trust with your heart.
5. Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast shows us just how strong Zoey Redbird really is. And the entire series is on my bookshelf staring at me, begging me to pick them up and read them all over again.
Before I go I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to Reading Between the Wines for letting me stop by and chat today. I hope you all will check out Jessie Lane’s latest release, The Frozen Star, from our YA/NA Paranormal Romance & Fantasy series! Happy Reading!
*1 Signed Paperback of The Burning Star & 1 Signed Paperback of The Frozen Star by Jessie Lane
*$25 Gift Card to Amazon OR Barnes & Noble