Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
I don't know about y'all, but it is HOT out there! Add in my sexy weekend read and well, I know I could use some relief from the heat! What better way to cool off then with a yummy sangria? Ginger, orange, and honey sound like the perfect combination to do it!
Sweet Honey White Sangria
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 small oranges, lemons and/or limes, thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 750 milliliter bottles Spanish Cava sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 1 liter bottle carbonated water, chilled
- Ice (optional)
- In a very large pitcher combine brandy, orange liqueur, and honey; stir with a long handled spoon until honey is dissolved. Add ginger and fruit. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in wine and carbonated water. Serve over ice, if desired. Makes 10 servings.
*I originally found this recipe on BHG