Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
Today we are sharing a recipe perfect for the hot days (and steamy nights) ahead! A sangria that looks like a frozen margarita? Yes, please! I don't know about you, but I'm going to need a gallon of this stuff after this weekend - recital weekend!
FROZEN BLOOD ORANGE SANGRIA
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or brandy
- 1 green apple, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced
- 1-1/4 cups strawberries
- 4 blood oranges, juiced
- 2 blood oranges, peels removed and sliced
- 2-3 cups ice
- Juice 4 of the 6 blood oranges (with your hands). Place the juice in a large pitcher. Add the sliced blood orange pieces into the same pitcher, saving one or two for garnish.
- Mix the white wine, club soda, Cointreau, cranberry juice, 1/2 cup chopped apple, strawberries and blood orange juice and pieces together.
- In batches, blend the juice mixture with the ice until frozen. Serve immediately with apple slices and blood orange slices.
I love the look of these in a mason jar, don't you? Cheers!
*I originally found this recipe on She Knows