5 Reasons to Love Hunter and Devon
1. Kindness - One of the things I like most about these two is their pure kindness toward each other. There’s this level of acceptance from both sides no matter what the other is feeling or going through or wanting. I wanted to write a really solid, loving friendship between two guys first and foremost, and hopefully I accomplished that.
2. Brave - These two both came from families who were not supportive of who they were. For Devon, his family didn’t accept his sexuality. For Hunter, he was just never good enough or the way they wanted him to be. Both are actively fighting to be better than who they were raised to be or what they were taught to believe. And they have to give up a lot to do that.
3. Protective - They stand up for each other even when it may cost them something personally to do it.
4. Hotness – Well, it has to be said. Hunter is a star baseball player with a tenderhearted side. Devon is the sexy, witty guy who always knows how to make people laugh and isn’t afraid to be in charge.
5. Funny – One of the things I love writing most is banter between two dudes. Guys teach other in this way that is both outrageous and inherently good-natured. Hunter and Dev aren’t afraid to tease each other or give each other a hard time.
So of course I’m biased but these two were so much fun to write and it’s one of the times I wish I could make my characters real people so I could be friends with them, lol.
Which character in a book do you wish you could conjure into real life so you could be friends with him/her?
(Loving on the Edge #7.5)
by Roni Loren
Published June 16th 2015 by Intermix
The new Loving on the Edge romance from the New York Times bestselling author of Nothing Between Us turns on the heat between two men who wonder how much they’re willing to risk in the name of love.
Four years after an accident tore their friendship apart, Hunter and Devon are living separate lives. Hunter is now the all-America hero—a congressman’s son and a pro pitcher in Houston preparing to marry his beauty-queen girlfriend. Devon is in Dallas running a new restaurant.
But when Hunter unexpectedly shows up in Devon’s bar, Devon can’t turn him away. Damn it if the man isn’t still gorgeous. But engaged? Hell no. All he’s doing for Devon is bringing back memories of their college-roommate days, and the night their relationship went too far. Turns out Hunter has never forgotten it either.
Now Devon can’t help but be drawn in all over again by the only guy who’s ever gotten close enough to break his heart. Maybe one more night together would be enough for both of them to finally move on. Or maybe one night will change everything…
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. Though she’ll forever be a New Orleans girl at heart, she now lives in Dallas with her husband and son.
If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her reading, watching reality television, or indulging in her unhealthy addiction to rockstars, er, rock concerts. Yeah, that's it. She is the National Bestselling Author of The Loving on the Edge series from Berkley Heat. www.roniloren.com
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Post a Comment
Due to time constraints we may not be able to personally respond to every comment made, but we do read and appreciate them all. 📚❤️🙂
✋ RBtWBC has a zero-tolerance policy for review harassment and author bashing. Such comments will be deleted at the the blog's discretion.