Please give a warm welcome to author, Jessica Scott! Be sure to see our review of this title HERE!
Top 5 Ingredients for Keeping a Series Fresh
1. Remember what your core is. Too many series branch off or get too big for new readers.
2. Write the story that is true to your characters. Some of my books are darker, some are lighter but the tone is largely driven by the characters.
3. If you’re bored, take a break. Sometimes, the muse just isn’t there. Take a break, reassess. Don’t just put out another book because it’s due, make sure it hits home for you and it will hit home for your readers.
4. Focus on what made those early books successful. While you can’t repeat the formula over and over again, there’s a core to those early books that resonated with readers. Try to find those things with each story.
5. Branch out. If the series is boring to you the author, you readers will get bored too. If you can’t write another story in the series, then don’t. Find something new that will get you excited to be writing again.
a Rafflecopter giveaway