Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
With "blood" red wine and frozen grape "eye balls," this Sangria makes the perfect Halloween beverage!
- 1 cup whole black grapes
- 1 cup whole green grapes
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 ml) bottle fruity red wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale
- Colored sugar, for rimming glasses
- Rinse and de-stem grapes, pat dry. Spread in a single layer a baking sheet, then place in the freezer at least 2 hours before serving.
- In a large glass pitcher, combine 1/2 of the orange slices (reserve the second half for serving), lime, and lemon slices. Add the brandy and cinnamon stick and stir gently to combine. Slowly pour in the wine. Refrigerate sangria for at least 2 hours or overnight .
- When ready to serve, add the ginger ale to the pitcher and stir gently with spoon.
- To sugar the glass rims, place the colored sugar on a plate, then rub an orange slice around the glass rim. Dip the rim of each glass into the sugar, coating well.
- Fill glasses with frozen grapes and reserved orange slices, then slowly pour in the sangria. Cheers and Happy Halloween!
YIELD: 1 pitcher (serves 4-6)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours
Post a Comment
Due to time constraints we may not be able to personally respond to every comment made, but we do read and appreciate them all. 📚❤️🙂
✋ RBtWBC has a zero-tolerance policy for review harassment and author bashing. Such comments will be deleted at the the blog's discretion.