Today I would like to welcome Toni Anderson, joining us with her new romantic suspense!
Thanks so much for having me here today and *cheers* :)
Being a Romantic Suspense writer means my main characters are usually spawned from either law enforcement or military situations where danger is an integral part of their lives. For DARK WATERS, I have a schoolteacher and an artist. This did not make my life easy! But like most ‘real’ people, the hero and heroine are more than a product of their day jobs and my dark, tormented hero and daughter-of-an-ex-con heroine are just as smart and feisty as any gun-toting law enforcement character.
So—Reading Between the Wines asked me what Five Lessons schoolteacher Anna Silver teaches big bad Brent Carver. Here we go...
1) Anna expands Brent’s physical horizons and shows him there’s a world outside his tiny isolated slice of paradise. A world that might be worth exploring. She also teaches him that even though he’s been out of prison for four years, he hasn’t allowed himself to be ‘free’ until he agrees to help a woman who is a stranger to him.
2) Anna teaches Brent that ultimately her safety is worth any price, even that of going back to prison (which for him is a worse punishment than death).
3) Anna teaches Brent that to truly live he has to learn to take risks and make commitments—even if it’s as simple as adopting a dog from a shelter, or telling a woman that he loves her.
4) Anna teaches Brent the power of self-forgiveness: Brent has made some bad decisions and been forced into making difficult choices in his life. He’s paid the consequences for all those decisions and with Anna’s help has learned that to move forward with his life he has to forgive his past.
5) Trust: Before Anna, Brent didn’t trust anyone, not even his kid brother, Finn. The fight to save Anna’s life teaches him how important those bonds are. He’ll never doubt those relationships again.
The bottom line is that without Anna, Brent Carver would continue to live in his isolated little world, painting his canvasses that fetch hundreds of thousands of dollars but never really enjoying life or moving on from his past. She teaches him how to take a chance on a future he doesn’t even know he wants.
Thanks so much for having me here today!! :)
Dark Waters by Toni Anderson
AMAZON.COM - AMAZON.CA - AMAZON.CO.UK - AMAZON.DE - AMAZON.FR - BAM! - CHAPTERS-INDIGO - BARNES & NOBLE
It may be summer, but schoolteacher Anna Silver’s trip to the coastal town of Bamfield is anything but a vacation. She’s on the run, desperate to stay one step ahead of her father’smurderer and determined to track down the one man she’s been told to trust: her father’s old cell mate, Brent Carver. But when she finds him, she discovers not a kind, elderly artist but a dangerously hot alpha male with blood on his hands.
Loyal to the core, Brent would never turn away his friend’s daughter when she comes seeking help. He can’t deny Anna his protection…just as he can’t deny the instantaneous attraction he struggles to keep in check. But as their passion blazes out of control, a sadistic killer is on the hunt to stop Anna from uncovering his dark secrets.
Toni is giving away one ebook of choice from her backlist to one reader. To enter, just leave a question or comment for Toni on this post and then fill out the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Toni is giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card to one winner from all the different tour stops. Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
8/6/2013 Reading Between the Wines Cocktails and Books Hesperia Loves Books
8/7/2013 We Love Kink Tattooed Book Review Love N. Books
8/8/2013 Busy Moms Book Reviews Twinsie Talk Book Reviews Queen of All She Reads
8/9/2013 Fae Books Musings From An Addicted Reader StoreyBook Reviews First Class Books
8/12/2013 Read Your Writes Book Reviews Smardy Pants Book Blog Blackraven's Reviews
8/13/2013 Erzabet's Enchantnents Delighted Reader HEA Romances With A Little Kick
8/14/2013 The KariAnnAlysis Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books The Readers Roundtable Smokin' Gun
8/15/2013 SnifferWalk Books Shh Moms Reading Reads and Thoughts Guilty Pleasures
8/16/2013 Bookworm Brandee My Book Muse Simply Ali Reviewing in Chaos
8/19/2013 3 Partners in Shopping,Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too! Heart Breaking Reviews From the TBR Pile
8/20/2013 Manic Readers Guest Author Blog My Fiction Nook Books Books and More Books 8/21/2013 Romancing the Book Harlie's Books My Life Beyond Labels