Today I would like to welcome the truly fabulous, Laura Kaye, joining us with her new release (Out today!) TAKEN BY THE VAMPIRE KING! I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one! Happy release day, Laura!
Top Ten Reasons to Fall in Love with Henrik Magnusson
Today I’m very excited to be at Reading Between the Wines Book Club to celebrate the release of my dark vampire romance, Taken by the Vampire King. This book is the third in my Vampire Warrior Kings series from Harlequin Nocturne—definitively not your mother’s Harlequin! *grins* (Note that the books in this series stand alone very well, but the reading order, if you prefer, is In the Service of the King, Seduced by the Vampire King, Taken by the Vampire King.)
Since I adore heroes, I thought I’d celebrate release day by sharing the top ten reasons I think you just might fall in love with mine:
10) Henrik is so concerned for those he loves, he’s willing to sacrifice himself to keep them safe.
9) He is strong and brave in the face of his own mortality, which should be impossible but is not due to a mysterious illness.
8) He’s protective, righteous, courageous, and can kick some major evil ass when he needs to. Wait until you see him in action!
7) He’s tattooed. If you guys know me at all, you know I love heroes with tattoos. And Henrik’s body bears multiple fascinating inked marks of his royal status and position. You’ll enjoy discovering them one inch of skin at a time. Yum.
6) He loves his brother, Jakob, the heir to the throne should Henrik die. And there’s a pretty epic bromance in Taken by the Vampire King.
5) Henrik’s dying. Seriously, how can you not love him when everything in his world is at stake?
4) He is absolutely ravenous not just for blood, but for Kaira Sorensen’s blood. And, man, the satisfaction he feels at long last while feeding on her… Incendiary!
4a) He has fangs and he knows how to use ‘em! (AKA, he hazskillz!)
3) He’s a vampire on the edge of losing everything human and moral. His need for blood is desperate because he is starving and has been for a long time. That makes his feedings and the sex scenes absolutely scorching in intensity.
2)Henrik is so nearly out of control that he requires his brother’s assistance to insure he doesn’t kill Kaira when he feeds from her. And that leads to one of the hottest scenes I’ve ever written!
1) He’s Norwegian. Tall.Blond.Muscled.Immortal. With ice blue eyes that turn indigo after a feeding. And wait til you see what else happens to him with a little nourishment in his system…
Need more convincing? Read on…
Taken by the Vampire King Blurb:
Henrik Magnusson is supposed to be immortal, but a mysterious ailment leaves the vampire king near death, and not even the blood of the Proffered, human virgins trained to serve the elite, can sustain him. Then he rescues a beautiful young woman from his enemies, and is filled with blood lust and desire he hasn't felt for centuries.Photographer Kaira Sorenson's life takes a nightmare turn when she's attacked by blood-thirsty creatures—and saved by a vampire. She should be afraid of Henrik, but she can't deny her intense attraction to this regal, enigmatic being—nor the fact that her blood may be his only salvation. Now she must decide if she's willing to be his forever…Add to Goodreads
Buy at Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iTunes
About Laura Kaye:
Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a dozen books in contemporary and paranormal romance. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter SignUp
Did you have a favorite line from the excerpt? One commenter who leaves their email address will win a signed paperback of Summer Holiday with a Vampire, a rare, UK-only anthology of vampire stories that includes Laura’sIn the Service of the King, Vampire Warrior Kings #1! Open to international! Good luck!