Today I am super excited to welcome a couple of my favorite ladies and one whom you might recognize from our very own RBtWBC family, the writing duo of Jessie Lane, who is joining us with their upcoming paranormal romance release - Big Bad Bite!
Advice from Jenna O’Conner
I’ve recently found myself in a pickle of a situation. You see, I’m not human, but neither am I considered ‘normal’ for the supernatural Other community my family comes from. Because of that, they’ve hidden me in a small town away from all Others my entire life. Then I decided to leave that small town before my loving family inadvertently smothered me with their good intentions, and landed the opportunity of my dream job on a big city SWAT team. Problem is,my first day on the job I met this guy, Adam. Maybe calling Adam ‘a guy’ is a joke. He’s more than just some guy. He’s an Alpha wolf shifter of a powerful Pack, who gives a new definition to the words determined and growly. So I’ve decided to put together warning list for all other women who find themselves suddenly the object of obsession by one of these possessive wolves.
1) Shifter males give a new definition to the word possessive. If they could tattoo the word ‘MINE’, or ‘Property of ____’, all over every inch of your skin and get away with it, you better believe they’d do it in a heartbeat. Even if they had to knock you unconscious in order to get it done. Since they can’t do the tattoo thing, they tend to try and make sure you’re claimed with creative ways of covering your body in their scent. There’s alsothis viscous bite they want to give you that covers your neck, called a mating Mark. At this point, I’m blatantly ignoring the similarities between a Shifter’s possessive behavior and the profilesthey taught us about stalker type tendencies in the Police Academy for my sanity’s sake.
2) Something hairy is bound to happen at any moment. Pun intended. No, seriously, beware ladies. These guys can drop their drawers and shift to their beasts at any given moment. So I hope you’re not shy about nudity because it certainly doesn’t bother them. However, it can be a bit embarrassing if they try to get naked in public. Human Police Officers tend to want to arrest them for breaking public indecency laws.This can be annoying.
3) Common misconception humans have about Wolf Shifters, or as they like to call them ‘Werewolves’.Wolf Shifters DO NOThowl at a full moon. However, they do suffer from extreme bouts of whatever emotion they’re feeling. Rage, curiosity, playfulness, or lust. Any of these can lead to roars of rage, temper tantrums of epic proportions, and sporadic shifts that can lead to jubilant howls as they chase their prey.If you get caught in this type of situation, you better hope you’re not the prey. If it’s the surge of lust you get to experience though, enjoy!
4) Whatever you do, do not flirt with another male, no matter the race, while you are in your Wolf’s vicinity. Aggressive species, remember?Especially if your Wolf Shifter hasn’t had the chance to Mark you yet. It could lead to the death of some poor unsuspecting schmuck.
5) Beware their bite! The man wants to gnaw on my neck like it’s a chew toy and he thinks I’ll be okay with it! Can you believe that? Everyone around me says that it’s one of the most sacred things in the Shifter culture, to receive the Mark from your mate. You’re supposed to display it with pride so that everyone in the Other community can see their equivalent of a wedding band. All I can think about is not wanting to look like a used chew toy. What’s wrong with these people?!Of course, if Adam gets his paws on me one more time to lay some of those scorching hot kisses on my lips, I may forget my reservations about that scary sounding bite and let him Mark, Mark, Mark away.
What would it be like to live in a world where you are considered abnormal to those who are above the norm?
Jenna O’ Conner has been taught her whole life to hide from everyone. Never to let anyone to close enough to know that she would prefer a shotgun for her birthday over of a bouquet of roses. She’s been smothered by her over protective family so that no one learns what she truly is. Which is not human. Nor, is she considered the norm for the supernatural Other community that is benevolent enough to share this world with the humans.
In a desperate attempt to live her own life away from the small town she was raised in, Jenna obtains her dream job as the newest member on the Wilmington Police Department’s SWAT Team. What she didn’t predict was that she would run into trouble her first day on the job, in the form of a deadly, mouthwatering man named Adam McPhee. Who is also not human, but more like a wolf walking around in human skin. He’s determined to figure out exactly what Jenna is, which unbeknownst to him, could very well put her life in danger. He’s also determined to have her all to himself.
As if that wasn’t enough for Jenna to deal with, bad news blows into town. A group of extremist Shifters who think humans are cattle and factions of Others worldwide should stay within their own species - never to intermingle. Chaos ensues. Jenna has to find a way to shut them down, but in the process of trying to do that, discovers things about herself that even she never thought was possible.
Who said the wolf was what you had to worry about?Welcome to the real world.
Goodreads - Website Page
Amazon - B&N - Smashwords - All Romance Ebooks
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Amazon - B&N - Smashwords - All Romance Ebooks
Jessie Lane is the writing team of Melissa Pahl and Crystal Leo. The two sister-in-laws share a passionate love of naughty romance, cliff hanging suspense, and out-of-this-world characters that demand your attention, or threaten to slap you around until you do pay attention to them. Because really, it is ALL about the characters. (They're kind of megalomaniacs - but don't tell them that we said that.)
Crystal and Melissa often live half their lives with their heads in the clouds dreaming of alpha military hunks, werewolves and kick ass heroines crazy enough to chase after creatures that they unquestionably should know better than to chase.
Their first YA novel, The Burning Star, was released in May 2012. Big Bad Bite is their second novel, but their first adult paranormal romance. They are now working on their next two novels, Walk On The Striped Side and Secret Maneuvers. With these projects underway, they are looking forward to showing the rest of the world their crazy stories, heroes and heroines that often plague their minds until written, and hope you will join them on their journey!