Please give a warm welcome to Boone Brux!
I’ve been known to post a few drink recipes in my day and with the holiday season upon us; I thought I’d share my favorite drink recipe of all times—Hot Buttered Rum. Yummy! Now if you’ve never had this concoction, let me just warn you that it’s deliciously full of calories and slightly addictive. Therefore, I make an event of creating the HBR batter once each holiday. Once it’s gone, it’s gone until the next holiday season rolls around.
Hot Buttered Rum:
• 1 lb. butter
• 1 lb. confectioners' sugar
• 1 lb. cup packed brown sugar
• 1 quart vanilla ice cream
• 1 Tbs.groundcinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (Optional. Personally, I don’t like nutmeg, so I skip this ingredient.)
Each cup will need:
• boiling water (Amount depends on how big of a mug you use.)
• 1 to 3 tablespoons rum (I usually go for the 3T because I use big cups)
• Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal, and freeze. I like to use a plastic ice cream tub, but Tupperware works fine.
• In a coffee mug, measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 fluid ounce of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir and sprinkle top of drink with nutmeg.
Enjoy! I’m wishing each of you a fabulous holiday full of love and hot buttery rum goodness!
The author is giving away an e-copy of Kiss of the Betrayer to one reader. To enter, just leave a meaningful comment or question on this post and then fill out the Rafflecopter below. Additional entries are available but not required. Good luck!