Holiday Bon Appétit and a Book
I think Christmas and everyone I know thinks of my mint chip brownies and my marzipan bundt cake. The brownies are more or less a standard recipe, except doubled (so the brownies are nice and thick) and add in lots of mint chips. Here’s the marzipan cake:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package moist white (or yellow) cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of Amaretto
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of almond slivers
- 1 tube of almond paste (marzipan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 inch bundt pan with Pam (with flour)
- Cut almond paste into approximately 14 slices, then put into blender (or something that resembles coffee bean grinder). Object is to break up the slices into tiny pieces to distribute the flavor.
- In medium bowl combine all the above ingredients then beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes (insert knife in center, cake is done when knife comes out clean) Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert and remove cake from pan (with luck!). Let cake cool completely, then drizzle with powder sugar.
(Forever, Texas #14)
by Marie Ferrarella
Paperback, 224 pages
Published December 1st 2015 by Harlequin (first published November 19th 2015)
Second Chance Ranch with First-Rate Cowboy
Kimberly Lee isn't sure what she'll find when she comes to Forever, Texas, to do a story on a groundbreaking program that could put this small town on the map. It certainly isn't the warm, friendly community that makes the roving reporter feel instantly at home. Or the accident that lays her up at Garrett White Eagle's ranch, where the blue-eyed rancher awakens feelings she long ago gave up.
Giving people hope again is the goal of the healing ranch Garrett started with his brother. And the lovely, hardworking writer is no exception. Doesn't Kim realize how much good they can do—together? Her future is here with him. If she's willing to trust in a love that could fulfill the promise of forever.
Post a Comment
Due to time constraints we may not be able to personally respond to every comment made, but we do read and appreciate them all. 📚❤️🙂
✋ RBtWBC has a zero-tolerance policy for review harassment and author bashing. Such comments will be deleted at the the blog's discretion.