Holiday Bon Appétit and a Book
I think Christmas and everyone I know thinks of my mint chip brownies and my marzipan bundt cake. The brownies are more or less a standard recipe, except doubled (so the brownies are nice and thick) and add in lots of mint chips. Here’s the marzipan cake:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package moist white (or yellow) cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of Amaretto
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of almond slivers
- 1 tube of almond paste (marzipan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10 inch bundt pan with Pam (with flour)
- Cut almond paste into approximately 14 slices, then put into blender (or something that resembles coffee bean grinder). Object is to break up the slices into tiny pieces to distribute the flavor.
- In medium bowl combine all the above ingredients then beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes (insert knife in center, cake is done when knife comes out clean) Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert and remove cake from pan (with luck!). Let cake cool completely, then drizzle with powder sugar.