Writing duo V.K. Sykes has a new book releasing tomorrow (02/24) that you won't want to miss.
1. Welcome Vanessa and Randy, and congratulations on the new series! MEET ME AT THE BEACH releases this Tuesday (02/24) and I have to ask, do y'all ever get to enjoy some time in the sun and sand?
We’re actually very fortunate to spend our winters in Northern Florida, escaping the cold of the Great White North. It’s not always beach weather down here, but it is usually sunny and beautiful. And we both love walking on the beach, no matter what the weather! Vanessa also grew up on the Jersey shore, so she’s a big believer of spending time at the beach.
2. Snow Birds, how fun! You probably wouldn't be seeing too much of the warm sun right now up in Canada. What would Lily and Aiden, the main characters from MEET ME AT THE BEACH, do to keep warm if they found themselves stranded in the Great White North?
Thank God we get to escape the winter! Actually, Seashell Bay is modeled on the islands of Casco Bay, Maine. So it gets VERY cold in the winter. I imagine Lily and Aiden would fire up the wood stove, pour themselves a couple of nice snifters of brandy, and curl up to watch a good, romantic movie—under the same blanket, of course!
3. Of course! ☺ Lily and Aiden start out the story at two opposite ends of the pole; Lily wanting to protect their home from big developers and Aiden just wanting to unload his family's estate to the highest bidder and then get the heck out of dodge. Sparks fly between these to from the beginning! Can you share a favorite scene between the pair?
We both really like the dunk tank scene during the Blueberry Festival. Every year, the locals set up a dunk tank to raise funds for charity. Aiden, naturally, has every intention of taking a turn when Lily is in the tank, even though she issues several threats ordering him to stand down! It’s a cute, fun, sexy scene that really highlights the charm of Seashell Bay and also how Lily and Aiden feel about each other.
4. And you still keep a baseball aspect to your story in MEET ME AT THE BEACH with Aiden, a pro baseball player, yay! Which MLB team do the Sykes' root for, and do you get the chance to attend any games?
Randy is a Blue Jays fan all the way, although we haven’t had a chance to go to a game for several years. Vanessa defers to Randy on these issues!
5. LOL ☺ Lastly, using only one sentence, tell our readers why they should pick up Aiden and Lily's story tomorrow?
It’s a contemporary Romeo and Juliet, with feuding families and reunited lovers, but also with lobster, beer, and an HEA!
a Rafflecopter giveaway