Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
Sweet Cherry Sangria
- 2 750 milliliter bottle red wine or rose wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup unsweetened cherry juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup Simple syrup*
- 1/4 cup Kirsch or other cherry brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 cups fresh pitted sweet cherries
- 2 oranges, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Ice cubes
- In an extra-large pitcher combine wine, brandy, cherry juice, orange juice, Simple syrup, Kirsch, and orange liqueur. Stir in cherries and orange slices.
- Cover and chill for at least 24 hours. Serve over ice.
*SIMPLE SYRUP: In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely before using.