Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
If you're still celebrating the New Year into the weekend, here is a great recipe to try out! Cheers!
New Year's White Sangria
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups rum, chilled (clear)
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier, chilled
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Riesling wine, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, chilled
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- club soda, chilled
- Slice the orange and lemon.
- Put the fruit in a pitcher and cover with the rum.
- Cover pitcher with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.).
- Add the Gran Marnier, Reisling, Lemon Juice, Vodka, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add soda up to 2 inches from the top of the pitcher.
- Add the Granny Smith Apple to the pitcher.
- Stir well, pressing the fruit as you stir.
- Serve over ice (with extra soda, if you want).