Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
Apples. Pears. Cinnamon sticks. Clove-studded oranges. Wine. Rum. - OH MY!
White Autumn Spice Sangria
Apples, pears, and oranges join hands with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, rum, and Sauvignon Blanc for a spicy, fruity autumn-inspired white sangria.
yield: 6 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 4 HOURS total time: 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc white wine (Pinot Grigio would be great, too - any dry white wine should do)
- 1 medium orange
- 1 large Bartlett pear (or pear variety of your choice), sliced into wedges
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple (or apple variety of your choice), sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 6 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups ginger ale
- Additional cinnamon sticks for serving
- Slice the orange into 1/2-inch wide slices, then poke all around the peels with a toothpick to make holes for the cloves. Stick the stem end of the whole cloves into the toothpick holes.
- Add clove-studded orange slices to a pitcher along with the pear and apple slices. Top with the cinnamon sticks and sprinkle in the allspice.
- Pour in the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and add the rum. Stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and strain mixture to remove allspice and any errant bits of clove. Add back the fruit and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in ginger ale and stir gently.
- Serve with pieces of fruit in each glass and top with a fresh cinnamon stick.
Recipe from Kitchen Treaty