Welcome to Saturday Sangria, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
The weather outside is frightful! ☃ Here in Central Florida, it's not so sunny but at least it's a little warmer right now then most other parts of the country. However, cold weather is rolling back in this weekend so what better way to combat it then with chocolate and wine?! 🍫🍷 This is the grown-up version of hot cocoa! ☕
P.S. I'll be switching up between wine cocktail (like this one) and sangria recipes, with this weekly feature!
Servings: 4 | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups full body red wine
- 4 tablespoons marshmallow topping
- 1/4 cup peppermint pieces (optional)
- Combine in large sauce pot: milk, chocolate chips, cocoa, cinnamon stick, and salt. Heat on low, stirring constantly, 7–8 minutes being careful not to scorch chocolate and until milk starts to steam but not simmer.
- Add wine; continue to stir over heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Ladle mixture evenly into 4 coffee mugs; top with 1 tablespoon marshmallow topping and peppermint pieces.
Recipe & Image Courtesy: Publix Aprons