Cast a Highland Hero
Film, television and fiction are full of noble Highland heroes. What woman hasn’t swooned over Mel Gibson in Braveheart or Liam Neeson in Rob Roy? Then there is the popular series, Outlander, based on Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling books. If you were the heroine in a Scottish historical romance, who would you cast as your leading man? Keep in mind, there are a few requirements your choice must possess in order to pass the “Highlander Hero” test.
• Must be able to swing a broadsword
• Must be loyal and honorable
• Must be able to speak with a Scottish accent
• Must have the strength and passion of a warrior
• Must be willing to protect kin and clan
• Must look good in a kilt
What requirements do you have for a Highland hero?
The Highlander’s Accidental Marriage, to be released November 30, is my second romance to feature a Scottish hero. (The first, The Highlander’s Choice, is also part of the Marriage Mart Mayhem series.)