Spring is here, summer is on it's way, what better time to share some of our favorite sangria recipes with our readers? Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
I have not tried this recipe yet but when I saw the orange, brandy, and honey it went right onto Pinterest to try when I have the time! Check it out and maybe you'll want to try it too. ;)
Sweet Honey White Sangria
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 small oranges, lemons and/or limes, thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 750 milliliter bottles Spanish Cava sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 1 liter bottle carbonated water, chilled
- Ice (optional)
In a very large pitcher combine brandy, orange liqueur, and honey; stir with a long handled spoon until honey is dissolved. Add ginger and fruit. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Just before serving, stir in wine and carbonated water. Serve over ice, if desired. Makes 10 servings.
*I originally found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens.