Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
I will admit that I picked this recipe solely on this song.
Prickly Pear Sangria
"...Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw, When you pick a pear, Try to use the claw..." *ahem* And on to that recipe...
- 1 (750ml) bottle Zinfandel
- 1 (750ml) bottle Merlot
- 1 (750ml) bottle Cabernet
- 1 (750ml) bottle Beaujolais
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 quarts orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 quart prickly pear cactus nectar
- Vanilla beans
- Cinnamon sticks
- Fresh fruit thinly sliced - Apples (red, green), oranges, melons, star fruit, lemons, limes, and strawberries
- Blend wine, brandy, tequila, orange juice, lemon juice, pear cactus nectar, vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks. Add sugar, to taste. You may also add club soda, to taste, if you enjoy a more balanced body.
- Thoroughly chill all ingredients and combine with a melange of fresh fruit thinly sliced. Best if you let sit for 48 hours.