Cacao Nibs Pomegranate Brownies
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1 1/3 cup super fine sugar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder**
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more for finishing
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs***
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, cacao powder and salt. Stir in the vanilla and eggs. Add in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds & cacao nibs. Bake for about 40 minutes. A toothpick test should still be slightly wet in the center, but the edges should be firm.
- Take the brownies out of the oven, sprinkle the brownies with sea salt. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
*You can substitute olive oil
**You can substitute cocoa powder
***You can substitute mini chocolate chips