We have three talented authors joining us today with their new military romances and some thoughts on heroines in military romance stories. Enjoy!
Top 5 Characteristics a Heroin Needs to Go Toe-to-Toe with her Military Man
2. Brains. Definitely brains. Heroines need to be smart (because most women are) in order to level the playing field with a strong, determined hero. Never forget that smart girls are sexy.
2. A sense of humor. Sometimes being able to laugh at a situation lightens the tension, and military men have a lot of tension. Humor can make the difference in emotional and even physical health.
3. Determination. Sometimes confused with stubbornness and strong will…but that’s okay. Every woman should be comfortable standing up for herself, and every woman should be able to stand up to even the most Alpha of a guy.
4. Kindness. Sometimes our heroes are wounded, and everybody needs a soft place to land. Kindness and gentleness make it possible for a hero to let down his guard.
5. Her own life. I think it’s really important that we have something of our own as women. We give so much to the kids, to our heroes, that it’s crucial we have a little something for ourselves. Whether it’s just time alone to read or pursue a hobby, a healthy heroine makes for a better relationship with the hero.
1. Stubbornness. Always important when dealing with a man, right?
2. Knowing what really counts. My husband was away for training on my birthday, his birthday and our anniversary for four years running.
3. Resilience. One day after unpacking our household goods, we got the word that his ship was going into the yards two states away and we were going, too.
4. The ability to be half a couple today, then single for the next six, eight or twelve months, and then part of a couple again. (And with kids, you're mom and dad during those months.)
5. A sense of humor. Vital!
She’s got to be able to stand on her own. Nothing worse than a heroine that needs to be saved from her own shadow. Top five traits:
2. Able to laugh at the gallows humor
3. Tolerant (loving a military man isn’t easy)
5. Insomniac (because military guys know how to go for hours without a lot of it)
a Rafflecopter giveaway