Cane Robicheaux is a more than just a tatted-up, motorcycle-riding, leather-wearing, sinfully delicious pretty face. He’s a business owner, a musician, a bartender, an overprotective big brother, and quite honestly, a bit of a nerd.
Balancing budgets, watching Discovery channel, working a new Sudoku…these are some of Cane’s favorite things—just don’t tell anyone. He prefers people to take his bad boy, playboy image at face value. It’s easier not to get close that way, too attached, which Cane learned early on meant getting hurt. Or hurting someone else. Or, at least that’s what he believed until a certain adorable redhead literally stumbled into his life. He’s been reeling ever since.
When not preoccupied with his favorite hellcat, Cane strives to purge her from his thoughts with another favorite past time: reading. Here’s a few of his absolute favorites—on the down low, of course.
Cane’s Five Favorite Reads…Just Don’t Tell Anyone
• Discipline by Paco Ahlgren Suspense, murder, quantum physics, drug use, chess, politics…all the good stuff in one amazing debut. He happened upon it while searching for books on chess theory and it quickly shot to the top of his list. One hell of a ride.
• The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien A classic that should make everyone’s list, at least if you’re a true inner geek like him. He grew up reading this fantasy and inevitably yanks out his dog-eared copy once a year.
• Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner Widely popular book that takes economic theory, applies it to social principles, and draws fascinating conclusions. Believe them or not, it’s a cool as hell approach. Cane is a numbers dude, and he loves taking economics and statistical models and applying those in unexpected ways.
• Coming Back Stronger by Drew Brees What true New Orleans Saints fan wouldn’t have this on their list? A book about overcoming personal adversity and the true strength of his beloved city and team, this book hits close to home for Cane. Almost too close at times.
• The Stranger by Albert Camus Another classic that belongs on everyone’s list. Unique writing that pulls you in. Emotionless, clinical…almost like Dexter, only not a psychopathic killer. It blows him away every time he reads it.
Honorable Mentions: The Medici Effect by Frans Johansson, a fascinating study of innovation, and A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams, technically a play, but a brilliant one, also set in Cane’s hometown of New Orleans.
So there you have it, an inside look into the inner-geek brain of bad boy Cane Robicheaux. What are YOUR top five favorite books??
Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Angelle Prejean is in a pickle. Her family is expecting her to come home with a fiancé—a fiancé who doesn’t exist. Well, he exists, but he definitely has no idea Angelle told her mama they were engaged. Tattooed, muscled, and hotter than sin, Cane can reduce Angelle to a hot mess with one look—and leave her heart a mess if she falls for him. But when she ends up winning Cane at a charity bachelor auction, she knows just how to solve her fiancé problem.
Cane Robicheaux is no one’s prince. He doesn’t do relationships and he doesn’t fall in love. When sweet, sultry-voiced Angelle propositions him, he hopes their little game can finally get her out of his head. He doesn’t expect her to break through all his barriers. But even as Angelle burrows deeper into his heart, he knows once their seven days are up, so is their ruse.
Rachel Harris Bio:
Rachel Harris grew up in New Orleans, where she watched soap operas with her grandmother and stayed up late sneak reading her mama’s favorite romance novels. Now a Cajun cowgirl living in Houston, she still stays up way too late reading her favorite romances, only now, she can do so openly. She firmly believes life’s problems can be solved with a hot, powdered-sugar-coated beignet or a thick slice of king cake, and that screaming at strangers for cheap, plastic beads is acceptable behavior in certain situations.When not typing furiously or flipping pages in an enthralling romance, she homeschools her two beautiful girls and watches reality television with her amazing husband. Taste The Heat is her adult romance debut. She’s the author of MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY and A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES. She loves hearing from readers! Find her atwww.RachelHarrisWrites.com.
Goodreads Author: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5347676.Rachel_Harris
SEVEN DAY FIANCE Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17926005-seven-day-fianc?ac=1
Entangled Website: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I look forward to seeing them win each other over and prove that love can happen and does last!ReplyDelete
I look forward to sitting in my cozy bed with my puppy in my new "I love Cajun" tshirt and loving to read about a tough bad boy who really is a sweetie and hiding behind what he wants others to see him as!ReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to what sounds like a good book to read.ReplyDelete
Definitely looking forward to an amazing story.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for hosting this stop on the Seven Day Fiance tour, and for sharing my Cajun romance with your readers!ReplyDelete