Please welcome author Dana Michelle Burnett!
First off, thanks for having me on the blog today to talk about my latest release Possessed! In Possessed, Alastor is a Civil War era soldier haunting the reincarnation of the wife (Becca) that murdered him, so I thought today I’d talk about ghosts and what they can and can’t do...Or at least what Alastor can and can’t do.
7 Facts About Being A Ghost
1. When Alastor dies, he doesn’t go to heaven and he doesn’t go to hell. He goes to this nowhere place, a state of being that he refers to as the nothing.
2. His connection to Becca causes him actual pain when she returns reincarnated to the house they shared in the past.
3. He was aware of the passage of time, over a century, between his death and Becca’s return.
4. Alastor can read minds and learn things about items (such as telephones) by seeing and hearing them mentioned in the thoughts of others.
5. Alastor has no sense of smell, taste, or actual touch, remarking that he misses the smell of bread baking and the feeling of her hand on his chest when she would kiss him goodnight.
6. Alastor can often manifest. He is able to make the vision of himself stronger by feeding off of Becca’s energy. The more she attention she pays to him, the stronger he gets.
7. For the most part, Alastor is made up of cold air, circling about, and taking his shape, sort of like one hundred tiny tornadoes swirling together.
Now of course, none of this is based on any scientific fact, this is just the rules I made up for my character. If you were a ghost, what would your rule be?
Every story has two sides...
Alastor truly believed that his life was over the night his wife Becca shot and killed him over a century ago, but now he has returned as a spirit to haunt the reincarnation of his traitorous, murdering wife. Why now? Why Becca after all this time?
When Becca moves into her ancestral home in Corydon, Indiana, her life takes a puzzling and thrilling turn when she meets the ghost haunting the halls. As the seductive spirit lures her closer and closer, she learns about her own past and starts to understand that some mistakes are meant to last.
To Becca, Alastor is a seductive spirit that seems to see straight into her soul. To Alastor, Becca is what he has waited a century for--A second chance. But a second chance at what? Love...Or revenge?
How far will each of them go to rectify the wrongs of the past?
About the Author
Dana Michelle Burnett spent most of her life writing short stories and sharing them with family and friends. Over the years, her work was published in numerous commercial and literary magazines including Just Labs, Mindprints: A Literary Journal, Foliate Oak, and many more. Her short story John Lennon and the Chicken Holocaust was include in The Best of Foliate Oak 2006.
Dana Michelle's Spiritus Series introduced the idea of a ghostly romance and became a Kindle bestselling series. She's an avid reader of anything dark and romantic. Dana Michelle lives in Southern Indiana with her dancing diva daughter and an assortment of pets.
Dana is giving away an e-copy of Possessed and the other 3 books (Spiritus, Haunted, and Incarnate) in the series to one reader. To enter, just leave a comment on this post answering Dana's question and then fill out the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
if i was a ghost i would want to be able to read mindsReplyDelete
I wouldn't want to be tied to one location.ReplyDelete