Today I would like to welcome two special guests for our Hot Summer Nights event, one of my new favorite erotic romance authors, Roni Loren, and Jace from Roni's upcoming release of Melt Into You!
Summer is not my favorite season. In Dallas, summer is kind of like the north's winter--miserable. We end up stuck inside for most of it because no one wants to hang out in 105 degree heat. So since I'm a bit of a summertime scrooge, I decided to ask Jace, one of the heroes in my Loving on the Edge series to give us some summer-themed movie suggestions if we need something to do when we're hiding from the heat.
And of course he had to break down his suggestions by what the occasion calls for.
Summertime Movie Suggestions via Jace Austin from MELT INTO YOU
If you're hanging out with friends and want to laugh...
- Caddyshack - Look, I'm not one to golf. That's for guys like my father who think a country club is his other office. But who can resist Bill Murray and a dancing gopher?
- Weekend at Bernie's - If you don't laugh at this, you're dead inside...like Bernie.
- National Lampoon's Vacation - You gotta love a man with a goal. I can relate to Clark Griswold on this one. When I want something...or someone, there isn't anything that's going to stop be from getting it.
If you've got a girl over and want her to end up in your lap...
- Jaws - *not recommended if you're on a beach vacation
- Friday the 13th - Though I usually skip this one if I'm at The Ranch. It's so desolate out here, I don't want my date to get too nervous...well, at least I don't want her worrying about serial killers. Her only nerves should be about what I'm going to do with her after the movie's over. *eyes riding crop on the coffee table*
- Stephen King's It - guaranteed to make you feel better about your own screwed up childhood, at least you didn't have an evil clown stalking you, right?
If you've got a girl over and want her to end up in your lap for other reasons than fear --not that I need a movie for that to happen, but ya know, not all of us can be in-demand dominants. *smiles*
- Body Heat - This one's got enough steam to make even the most uptight chick get a little hot and bothered. Just make sure your date isn't married to someone else. You don't want her getting any ideas.
- Dirty Dancing - Innocent college girl falls for bad boy? Yeah, this one works every time. Especially when you're a bad boy yourself. ;)
Jace didn't stick around long enough to give me any non-date related suggestions, but hopefully these get you started. :)
And if you want to see more of Jace, here's a little about his story, MELT INTO YOU (releasing next Tuesday):
Her first love has returned, and he's brought a friend...After running away from home and the boy who broke her heart, Evan Kennedy has kick-started the perfect new life with her celebrity fiancé. So what if said fiancé prefers guys? She knew the deal. And with her ticket to The Ranch, an exclusive resort where any fantasy can be satisfied, she knows she can find someone to fulfill her less-than-traditional desires on the side.She just never expected that man to be Jace Austin, her old heart-breaker—all grown up, hard-bodied, and holding out a collar. She knows it’s probably a world-class bad idea—especially since Jace has brought along his buddy Andre, who’s every bit as irresistible. But if they can stick to the no-strings rules, so can she.Too bad Jace has never been so good with rules. Evan is convinced “forever” is a word used only in greeting cards, but Jace and Andre have one last fantasy of hers left to fulfill. It’s time to go big or go home. And neither man has ever been a fan of going home.
So tell me, what's your favorite summertime movie?