5 Reasons You Must Attend a Romance Conference
This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending the Create Something Magical Conference in New Jersey and it was a blast! If you are a die-hard reader of romance novels and you devour books like tic-tacs, then you have got to attend at least one reader conference in your lifetime. Seriously. Add it to your bucket list. I love attending them as a writer but also as a reader and here are my top 5 reasons for why you absolutely must try it.
1. You can meet your favorite authors: When I met Christine Feehan at the RT Convention in Las Vegas last year…I almost died. It was such a thrill to meet her in person and find out that not only is she a brilliant writer but she’s a fantastic human being. And funny!
2. Books. Books. Books.: Not only can you buy books and have them signed by the authors but you will get a TON of free books. Bring an extra suitcase or bag because you’ll need it for all the books and swag you’ll be taking home.
3. Hot Cover Models: You know those chiseled buff hotties on the covers of your favorite books? How would you like to meet one or two or ten in person? Well, some of the models will attend the cons and let me tell you, they are just as handsome face to face.
4. Parties: Every reader con that I’ve ever attended--Coastal Magic, Create Something Magical, and the mother-ship of all conventions the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention—has themed parties for the readers. You get to mix and mingle with authors, readers, and bloggers while dancing the night away at a vampire party or playing Hot Heroes Bingo during the day. You name it…there’s a party for it. Zombies. Demons. Roaring 20’s. Western.
5. You will find your tribe: At any romance convention/conference you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals. You probably have friends or family at home who do not understand your obsession with book boyfriends. Let’s be honest…they think it’s weird. Not at a romance con! You will be with other readers who are equally obsessed with fictional characters.
a Rafflecopter giveaway