Top 5 Reasons Ex-Military Men Make the
Best Book Boyfriends
Thanks so much, Crystal, for having me today. I’m so down with any book club that reads between sips (gulps?) of wine, lol! I’m excited to be here with you and your readers.
So my topic is one I had a hard time with. “Top 5 Reasons Ex-Military Men Make the Best Book Boyfriends”. My struggle came in with the number 5. I mean, how do I limit the reasons? How do pick ONLY 5? I’ve done it but I want to come back and give you more, yeah? We could make this a running blog post for sure, lol!
5. You say “ex-military” and immediately my mind goes to another word—ALPHA. What does ALPHA encompass? Sit down, grasshoppers, allow me to explain. I believe ALPHA is an acronym that stands for the Autocratic Libidinious Protective Hot Advocate. Essentially, “ex-military” means your book boyfriend is a dominant, lusty, seductive, solicitous, supporter of your physical and sexual safety. Does it get better than that? Ponder that as I move to #4.
4. Ex-Military men are dexterous. Think about it—they’re trained to use their hands in all kinds of situations. On weapons, the bad guys, your body. That’s right…YOUR BODY. As I mentioned in #5—these are alpha men who are protective. This means they use their hands for protection. Of YOUR BODY. Dexterity is important—I think you’re seeing what I’m throwing down here, yeah?
3. Book boyfriends must have that certain je ne sais quoi—that quality that can’t be named or described adequately. If there were ever a book boyfriend to have that it would be an ex-military man who has every quality you’ve ever wanted and some you cannot even think up words for. They are everything, always, whenever you need them and they never change. There’s something to be said for the very absoluteness of an ex-military man. Am I right?
2. Ex-Military men growl a lot. (At least in the books) Come on, ladies, is there anything sexier than a growl against the skin of your neck…or other places? The reverberation of your ex-military book boyfriend’s growl against your neck, or those other places—how it sinks in deep and you can’t forget it or the way it makes your body and heart melt. How do you top the growl? See #1.
1. The Number One reason ex-military men make the best book boyfriends? They cannot be tamed. Seriously, we’re talking tiger by the tail here, folks. You can’t guess what they’re going to do, when they’re going to do it, or the how of it until they do it. And then you’re left with your mouth hanging open because TIGER BY THE TAIL!! There’s a little fear, a little exasperation, a lot of attraction, and then BAM! He’s got you when you thought you had him and nothing will ever be the same.
And there you have—my top 5 reason ex-military men make the best book boyfriends. Agree? What are your top five reasons? Sharing is caring.
Sourcebooks is giving away one print copy of Flash of Fury to one reader today! (The winner must reside in the U.S. ) To enter, just fill out the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway