Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
Riesling Sangria with Lychees
- 1 orange
- 1 cup raspberries, halved
- 1 Asian pear—peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry sake
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One 20-ounce can lychees in syrup—lychees halved, syrup reserved
- Two 750-milliliter bottles slightly off-dry Riesling, chilled
- Using a knife, peel the orange, removing the bitter white pith. Working over a pitcher, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the juice from the membranes and discard the membranes.
- Add the raspberries, pear, sake, bourbon, lemon juice, triple sec, sugar and lychees with their syrup. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the Riesling and serve the sangria in ice-filled wineglasses.