How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: Judging a book by it's cover. We've all done it. But have you ever judged a book wrongly based on it's cover? What book have you loved that based on the cover, wouldn't have normally picked up? What book have you read, based on the cover alone, that disappointed you?
I am so guilty of this. Soooo..guilty. Not even going to lie.
I'm going to start with my disappointment because it is a book I literally just put down. Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille. I mean, just take a
And now on to the book that blew me away with a cover that is pretty meh. Shadow Bound (Shadow #1) by Erin Kellison. I will be honest and admit that if I hadn't met this author at a Con earlier this year I would have never picked up this book. She alone sold me on it. Looking at the cover you think Y.A. maybe? Mystery or fantasy? It doesn't give you a whole lot to base the story on and lacks in visual stimulation. But this book rocked my world. The world that the author has created is totally unique, the characters are incredibly captivating and the story itself is beautifully poetic. The author puts such a spin on fairy tales, it's like nothing you have ever read before. You can read my review of this three book series >HERE< If you like fantasy, paranormal and romance I def. recommend you picking up Erin Kellison's books. Cover love or no. :-)
What about you? Have you ever been disappointed by a books cover or pleasantly surprised? Be sure to leave a comment and have a wonderful weekend!