Woot! Happy Friday-Eve, my friends! I hope everyone's week is going well. Today I would like to give a warm welcome to author Jess Macallan who has brought a special guest with her!
Thanks so much for having me at Reading Between the Wines today! I’m celebrating the release of Stone Cold Revenge, the second book in my Set in Stone series. My heroine, Elle, wants to hijack the post for a public service announcement for readers...
Hey there! As Jess said, my name is Elle and for those of you who read the first book, Stone Cold Seduction, you know my father is a jerk. Actually, that’s a big understatement. For those of you who haven’t read my story, my father, Jedren, is a World Class Evil Bastard. He had me tortured on a regular basis to groom me as his heir. How that was helpful, I have no idea. Long story short, he now expects me to take over his empire and be grateful for the opportunity. So not going to happen.
I’ve learned a thing or two about how to deal with my evil father without turning into one of his minions, and thought it might be helpful to share my tips with you on how to survive. So let me just jump right in…
1) Chocolate. Every woman knows the value of chocolate, but when you’re facing a future of being someone’s puppet, chocolate softens the blow. The trick is to have lots on hand, and only eat the good stuff. I prefer dark chocolate with caramel.
2) Loosen your morals. No, no, get your mind out of the gutter. I’m talking about being prepared to get your hands dirty by hitting your father where it hurts—his wallet. My father was never the indulgent type, so I took matters into my own hands when he pushed me too far. I stole from him. Yes, I know stealing is wrong, but I figure the karma works itself out when you give every dime back to the victims.
3) Fight fire with fire. My father’s right hand man has done all of his dirty work for years. I’m not a fighter, but I have an unlikely trio of protectors to help watch my back. A sexy gargoyle, gorgeous phoenix, and one obnoxious anti-fairy godmother. If she doesn’t make your ears bleed with her incessant sarcasm, she’ll get you with one of the many weapons she has hidden god knows where. If you can’t find one of these for yourself, I’d be happy to send her your way.
4) Magic powers. I don’t like to rely on #3, and fortunately for me, I inherited a set of abilities. Unfortunately, I’m still learning how to use them. I’m adding it to the list with the hopes it will come in handy down the road.
5) Last but not least, you need a sense of humor. Sure it might be a wicked or jaded sense of humor by the time you’re done recovering from your injuries or mental scars, but there’s always a punch line to be found in any situation. For example, my father thinks I’m actually going to agree to his terms. Little does he know, I plan to…well, I’ll let you read about it. *winks*
Thanks to the readers at Reading Between the Wines for letting me introduce Elle and the Set in Stone series. I love connecting with readers, and I hope you’ll find me!
Entangled Publishing is giving away one e-copy (PDF or ePub only) of REVENGE to one reader. To enter, just leave a question or comment for Jess or Elle on this post and then fill out the Rafflecopter below. Additional entries are available but not required.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway