Two historical romance authors have stopped by with some fun facts!
From Cara Elliott
If Anna Sloane had Netflix, these would be her five favorite Historical Heroes
1. Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in “Pride and Prejudice” AND Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy in “Pride and Prejudice.” (Jane Austen is, of course, her favorite author so she can’t resist making two choices—can you blame her?)
2. Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in “Pirates of the Caribbean.” (She confesses to having a soft spot for rogues . . . as you might guess from the rest of the list)
3. Timothy Dalton as Heathcliff in “Wuthering Heights.”
4. Sean Bean as Richard Sharpe in the “Sharpe” series from BBC.
5. Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII in “The Tudors.”
From Amanda Scott:
1. THE WARRIOR’S BRIDE is my 59th book. MOONLIGHT RAIDER (Forever, September 2014) will be my 60th.
2. I patterned the three MacFarlan sisters in my Lairds of the Loch trilogy after the Greek Fates: Atropos (who became Andrena of THE LAIRD’S CHOICE), Lachesis (Lachina “Lina” in THE KNIGHT’S TEMPTRESS), and Clotho (Muriella, the youngest sister, in THE WARRIOR’S BRIDE). Atropos carried the shears to cut the thread of life. Lachesis was the caster of lots (deciding fortunes). And Clotho was responsible for spinning the threads of life. So Muriella is the spinner, not just of threads but of stories. Her ambition in life is to become a seanachie, or clan storyteller (a position usually, but not always, held by men), so she seeks truth in repeating the tales of history as accurately as she has heard them but may occasionally spin other tales to avoid telling the truth about herself.
3. Stress of deadlines and multiple requests from editors, publicists, news media, and others can make a writer trying to finish a book crazy. But relief can come quite unexpectedly. I was in that position one day while I was finishing THE WARRIOR’S BRIDE when I received the following text from my son: “I’m in the garage tinkering when I hear Cam (my then 4-year-old grandson) say, ‘Daddy, help me; I’m stuck.’ I should say Cam’s voice was very calm. I walked outside and got drenched. He was on the front porch up above me, standing on a bench by the front door with his super soaker! He blasted me! ROFL” I should tell you that this was well-deserved karma, because my son at age 2 soaked me with a garden hose.
4. From age two to three, I was a child model in San Francisco for runway fashion shows and print ads while my father was at Hastings Law School.
5. My orange and white Persian, Willy Magee, starred as a kitten called the “wee biter” in SEDUCED BY A ROGUE and now considers himself my chief critic … and editor. He has been known to add bits to whatever I’m writing, while I have lunch or take some other break, and even to delete portions that apparently he disapproves of. Fortunately, his editing can generally be undone … albeit not always.
The publisher is offering one US winner receiving a print copy of THE WARRIOR’S BRIDE and one winner a NetGalley download of SINFULLY YOURS (you must have a NG email for this download.)
To enter, just fill out the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway