Welcome to Saturday Sangria, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
For the first few weeks of June, figs are back in season until the fall. Take advantage of this time, grab some at your local grocer, and enjoy this delicious sangria. Cheers! 😊🍷
SPARKLING FIG SANGRIA
- 1 1/2 cups light red wine, like a Pinot Noir
- 1/4 cup Cointreau - an orange liquor
- 2 3" strips orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 whole fresh figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sparkling wine for topping, like a good Rose
- In a large mason jar or bowl, combine all ingredients except for the sparkling wine.
- Mash the figs into the liquid gently with a wooden spoon. Shake jar or stir well to dissolve spices.
- Let sit for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, divide between 2 wine glasses and top with sparkling wine.