Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
We're going to share two recipes with you today just in time for Christmas! One sangria that uses white wine, the other red. Cheers! We wish our readers a very Happy Holidays!
- 2 small apples (1 red, 1 green), chopped
- 1/2 cup apple vodka or apple brandy (optional)
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 bottles red wine (cabernet or red zinfandel)
- 2 cups ginger ale
- If using apple vodka or brandy, soak apple in vodka or brandy for up to a few hours.
- Combine apple, pear, and cranberries in a pitcher or bowl, and stir to combine. Add pomegrante seeds, ginger, and cinnamon. Add wine, and stir to combine. Let sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale and stir gently. To serve, scoop out some fruit into each cup before filling.
Recipe Courtesy of greatist.com
Christmas Sangria (White)
- 3 tart Granny Smith apples
- 1 large orange
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 bottles dry white wine
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces ginger ale or club soda
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Chop the apples into slices, discard cores. Place into a large pitcher. Slice the oranges, and add them to the pitcher. Add the whole cranberries and raspberries. Using a spoon, carefully stir so as to not break the raspberries.
- Pour in the wine, white cranberry juice and sugar, and stir to combine. Let the sangria chill for about 30 minutes. When you're ready to serve, top the pitcher with ginger ale or club soda, and add fresh rosemary to garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of sheknows.com