Today I am very happy to welcome author Madeline Sheehan who is joining us with her fabulous new release, Unbeautifully!
1. Writing the second book in a series compared to the first.
IS HARD. You have to keep your timeline straight, ages, eye color, you need to stay true to each characters personality, you need to make sure the second book is just as/ if not more captivating then the first, you need to grab your audience the way you grabbed them with the first one! HARD. But if you can do it, and I hope I did, it’s well worth the headache.
2. As a reader, this series is emotionally draining, what is it like writing it?
At times, it’s very draining. Being stuck inside the head of a damaged person isn’t fun, luckily though I’m a little crazy and I can handle it. Although, there are times that I feel like I need a bottle of anti-depressants after writing for 8 straight hours. It’s worth it thought, to me, turning something painful and sad and giving it a happy ending. I love that.
3. Writing not your typical hero.
I don’t claim any men in my books to be “heroes”. My leading men are anything but. They commit crimes, they hurt, they kill, and they lie and cheat. Nothing about them is supposed to be admirable. They are men who live by their own set of rules, their own code, and they make no apologies for it. They are strong men, an admirable trait, but where their strengths lie, is not socially or politically or morally correct. A life of debauchery and corruption, plain and simple and the women who love them. But they are my characters and I love them despite all their faults. *shrug* Call me crazy…
Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares.
Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world.
This is Danny and Ripper’s story.
Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.
Madeline Sheehan, a Social Distortion enthusiast and devoted fan of body art, has been writing books since she was seven years old. She is the author of The Holy Trinity ebook trilogy and Best Selling Undeniable series. Homegrown in Buffalo, New York, Madeline resides there with her husband and son.
Madeline is giving away $30 Amazon gift card as the tour grand prize. Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter. Winner will be announced 6/29.
*This is a giveaway sponsored & administered by the author and/or blog tour company. Please see our OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 6/5/2013 Under the Covers Book Blog What's On the Bookshelf Nightstand Novels
- 6/6/2013 Live Read and Breathe Madison Says Books Books and More Books Talk Supe First Class Books
- 6/7/2013 Lebooksquirrel Love N. Books Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews Musings From An Addicted Reader 6/10/2013 Jessy's Book Club herding cats & burning soup Scandalicious Book Reviews Three Chicks and Their Books
- 6/11/2013 Harlie's Books Flirty and Dirty Book Blog My Sexy Escapes
- 6/12/2013 Sultry Storyteller Sultry Reviewing in Chaos
- 6/13/2013 My Book Muse Sugar and Spice Book Reviews Mama Knows Books Reading Between the Wines
- 6/14/2013 Up All Night Book Blog Busy Moms Book Reviews Guilty Pleasures Romantic Reading Escapes 6/17/2013 Tattooed Book Review Romantic Book Affairs Book Bitches Blog
- 6/18/2013 Shh Moms Reading Momma's Books Delighted Reader
- 6/19/2013 Reality Bites! Let's Get Lost!! Simply Ali Jelena's Book Blog
- 6/20/2013 Regina May Ross's Smardy Pants Book Blog Have Book Will Read
- 6/21/2013 Day Dreaming Book Reviews Manic Readers Guest Blog Fictional Candy
- 6/24/2013 Queen of the Night Reviews Red Headed Bookworm The Book Enthusiast
- 6/25/2013 The Little Black Book Blog Not Now...Mommy's Reading BadBarbsPlace
- 6/26/2013 Cristina's Book Reviews Reading, Eating & Dreaming Bookittyblog
- 6/27/2013 deal sharing aunt Harlie Williams, Writer
- 6/28/2013 Twinsie Talk Book Review Hesperia Loves Books Cocktails and Books All Romance Reviews Happily Ever Hungover