How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: New Adult Romance. Can't get enough? Tired of seeing it everywhere? or Undecided?
I am so far into the 'Can't get enough' category I am drowning in it! lol I am loving the New Adult genre right now. They're so devastatingly dark and crammed full with gut-clenching angsty emotion that when I close a book, if it's a good one, I feel like I am finally coming up for air. A few have had me feeling down and depressed for a week after finishing it which sounds bad but in reality is awesome because a book made me feel like that. Now that being said, *grin* it would be nice to read a 'hearts and flowers' NA every now and then as oppose to what I refer to as 'slit-my-wrists' that this genre is flooded with. You can have a dark and edgy NA without having everything but the kitchen sink thrown at it's characters. True?
Here are some great books in this genre that I would recommend picking up if you're interested:
- Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver
- Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
- Real by Katy Evans
- The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
- The Stillness of You by Julie Bale
- Wait for You by J. Lynn
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
- Collide by Gail McHugh