Ten Fun Facts About Midnight Reckoning’s Hero, Jaden Harrison
By Kendra Leigh Castle
Just a few days ago, the second book in my Dark Dynasties series, MIDNIGHT RECKONING, was released. If you’ve read the first book, or even just read the blurb, you likely remember that the hero of the first book, DARK AWAKENING, was a cat-shifting vampire, or as they’re not-so-affectionately called in their world, a cat vamp. These maligned vampire shifters of the Cait Sith (cat-SHEE) have some things in common: they’re a downtrodden bloodline, considered “lowbloods” because of their Fae-tainted origins. Many were kept as slaves by the powerful Ptolemy dynasty of highblood vampires. Unsurprisingly, having a chip on one’s shoulder isn’t all that uncommon among the dark, feline vampires. However, despite the fact that the hero of MIDNIGHT RECKONING is also a cat vamp, he’s quite a bit different than the brooding, tormented, and very hot Ty MacGillivray from DARK AWAKENING. So today, I thought I’d give you ten fun facts about Jaden Harrison. Will he be your kind of hero? Read on to find out!
- Jaden is a farmer’s son from Somerset, England. He remained close to his parents until they died.
- Think his name is a little modern? You’re right. The practice of “renaming” isn’t uncommon among vampires, and is often a way of breaking with a mortal past. Jaden’s actual name is James Dennis Harrison. Only those closest to him know it, and they only use it if they want to irritate him.
- Jaden was often teamed with Ty MacGillivray to hunt the enemies of Queen Arsinöe of the Ptolemy when they were both slaves in her court. The younger Jaden looked up to Ty, and still regards him as a brother.
- Though vampires keep to the cities much of the time, Jaden has always preferred the country.
- Jaden’s quiet, watchful personality conceals a sly sense of humor.
- He is one of the few Cait Sith to ever successfully escape the Ptolemy court.
- Despite no longer needing to eat solid food, Jaden enjoys cooking. It relaxes him. If he cooks for you, you know you’ve made it into his small—but highly valued—group of friends.
- Jaden is positive that Jared Leto saw him once, because the musician’s style was for a time an exact copy of his own. He’s still working on thinking of it as a compliment instead of a rip-off.
- He’s a romantic at heart, a dinner and flowers kind of guy underneath the black clothes and fangs.
- Jaden’s loyalty, though difficult to earn, is given completely. He was the first of the Cait Sith to turn his mark to that of the Lilim because of his devotion to Lily and Ty, the heroine and hero of DARK AWAKENING.
And there you have it, a brief overview of my newest hero. If you can’t tell, I had a lot of fun with him. J So what do you like to see in a hero? I’m giving away a signed copy of Midnight Reckoning to one commenter, so be sure to say hello! I’ll be around all day to chat. And thanks so much to Crystal for having me back today! This is one of my favorite sites. Reading and wine…perfection.
Kendra Leigh Castle writes paranormal romance and is the author of the Dark Dynasties series from Forever Romance, which currently include DARK AWAKENING (7/11), MIDNIGHT RECKONING (1/12) and the upcoming SHADOW RISING (8/12). She lives in Southern Maryland with her husband, three kids, and menagerie of pets. You can find her on facebook, twitter, and at www.kendraleighcastle.com.
As Kendra mentioned above, she is graciously giving away a signed copy of Midnight Reckoning to one lucky reader. To enter, just leave a comment on this post and then fill out the raffle copter below with your name and email address! Additional entries are available but not required. J Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway