Date Night Dinner for Two
A dinner recipe for two, paired with a romantic thriller movie!
Steak and Mushroom Gravy
• 5 tablespoons butter, divided
• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 pound thick-sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1/2 cup sherry
• 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 2 (10-ounce) boneless beef loin strip steaks
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
2. Add flour and mix.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté 3-5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Reduce heat and cook on low 5-6 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Heat grill pan over high heat. Rub tablespoon of butter on both sides of the steaks, sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the grill pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for, or until desired doneness. Serve steaks topped with mushroom sauce.
Serve with baked potato and steamed carrots or fresh green beans. Add a dry red wine like Merlot and you’re in business!
Have a leisurely meal, getting to know each other and then snuggle up to the movie GHOST, starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze for romance, humor and thrills.