Quick and Dirty!
1) Coffee or tea?
Tea! So much tea. Green jasmine in the morning and black assam in the afternoon.
2) Walk on the beach or hiking a mountain?
Walk on the beach! Bonus for a beach with tons of shells.
3) Comedy or drama?
4) TV or books?
5) Best movie you have watched in 2018 (so far)?
Isle of Dogs.
6) Best romance you read in 2018 (so far)?
I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting.
7) A book you wish you had written?
Helena Hunting’s Pucked.
8) Favorite romance trope to read?
Oooh, I like it all. The steamier the better.
9) Favorite romance trope to write?
The ex-con trying to get his life back on track.
10) Favorite place to write?
My office in my attic.
11) A trait that all of your heroes must have?
Unwavering devotion to the heroine.
12) A setting (city/region) you want to write about in the future?
I’d love to set a romance in Philadelphia.
13) The actor and actress you used to physically model your H/h after in Shimmy Bang Sparkle?
Strangely enough, I don’t use models! I could see Stella and Nick even before I knew the title of the book. They’re very real to me and I like to think that each reader gets a clear sense of them as they read, however they wish to imagine them.
14) Your favorite scene from Shimmy Bang Sparkle?
I just love when Stella gets stuck in her bathroom window and Nick comes to help her out.
15) A song that encapsulates the emotion of Shimmy Bang Sparkle?
“How You Like Me Now” by The Heavy. I actually made a whole playlist to go with the book! You can find it here on Spotify.
16) What’s next?
My next book, DO YOU FEEL IT TOO?, releases in November 2018, also from Montlake Romance.