Top Ten Reasons I’m a Romance Author by Samantha Chase
Hey, Everyone! I’m Samantha Chase and super excited to be here with Reading Between the Wines talking about my new contemporary romance, Made for Us, book one in my new family series, The Shaughnessy Brothers. And I have to tell you, this family series is one that I know you are going to fall in love with as much as I have.
There are six siblings and at the point that you’re going to be meeting them, seventeen years has gone by and we see how the loss of their mother still affects who they currently are. Each book will not only introduce you to an individual Shaughnessy as they navigate through their life and eventually find love, you get to spend a lot of time getting to know the rest of the family, as well.
Made for Us focuses on eldest brother, Aidan. He’s a workaholic who works in construction who doesn’t take time for himself, but once he meets the lovely Zoe Dalton, he suddenly decides to do just that.
I’ve been writing romances probably since the ninth grade, but I didn’t actually get serious about it until 2011. Now, twenty-five books later, I’m still loving it! Why? Well I’m glad you asked!
10. Because the real world isn’t nearly romantic enough. I like providing an escape from that.
9. When you create a romance, it’s all about those firsts in a relationship – first kiss, first touch, first…(wink) you know!
8. I love figuring out the dynamics of a relationship. Finding those flaws and turning them into something that actually works to the hero or heroine’s benefit.
7. I love being in love! I’ve been happily married for twenty-five years and the thought of other people being that happy, makes me happy! Even if they’re only fictional people.
6. It’s what I love to read so it was only natural for me to love to write it too.
5. Because the voices in my head make me do it! Seriously, there are normally at least three-to-four stories going on in my head at a time. I had to find a way to get them out.
4. Because romance readers are the greatest fans in the world! Seriously, I have met the most kind and loving and amazing people since becoming a romance writer and they just encourage me daily to keep doing it.
3. It helps me get some of my fantasies about life and relationships out and see them play out on paper.
2. I get to surround myself with all the things I love – writing, reading, love, romance and a world of possibilities.
1. Who doesn’t love and want their happily ever after? I know I do and I get to create them every day. What a great job!