Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
In preparation of tomorrow (Sunday's) premier of FEAR THE WALKING DEAD I have a Blood Orange Sangria to share! Woohoo!
Blood Orange Sangria
YIELD: SERVES 4-6 TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 6 blood oranges
- 2 (750ML) bottles of pinot grigio
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 12 ounces of strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar, for glass rimming
- Zest one of the blood oranges and combine it with the sugar in a small bowl. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingers until fragrant. Juice four of the blood oranges, discarding any seeds or pith. Chop the remaining blood oranges into pieces.
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, blood orange juice, club soda, apples, strawberries, raspberries and blood oranges. Stir well to combine. Place the orange sugar on a plate, then run a lemon, lime or orange slice around the rim of each glass. Dunk each glass in the sugar, coating well. Fill each glass with a few ice cubes, then add some of the fruit from the sangria. Pour the sangria into each glass and serve!
Note: this definitely gets better as it sits, so you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
*Recipe by How Sweet Eats