Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
The kiddos may be back in school now but it still summer and here in Florida we are definitely still feeling the heat! This sangria recipe is just the thing though for those hot weekends until fall sets in, just don't forget to grab your children their own 'child friendly' Popsicle!
Raspberry & Lime Sangria Popsicle's
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 2 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups of a citrusey white wine of choice (lemon, honeysuckle, jasmine notes)
- Add the 6 ounces of raspberries to a small sauce pan
- Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to the raspberries and then warm the mixture over a medium-low heat, until it just begins to bubble.
- In a large measuring cup (one that at least holds 4 cups), juice the two limes.
- Add the remaining half cup of sugar and let it sit for about 5 minutes, to dissolve.
- Now that the sugar has dissolved into the lime juice, you should have about 1 cup of liquid. Add enough of the white wine so that you have 2 1/3 cups.
- Mix together the wine and lime mixture, and set aside about 1/2 cup of it. Take another lime, halving it length-wise and then slice it VERY thinly.
- Add the raspberry compote to your lime and wine mix, mixing it well and divide it amongst the popsicle molds. Make sure to divide the chunky pieces of raspberries so that everybody gets some.
- Place them in the freezer.
- Freeze your pops for about an hour until the mixture is slushy. Add a lime slice to each pop and top it off with the remaining lime mixture. Freeze for about 10 hours.
*Recipe originally found at Cooking Stoned
If you would like to send someone Wine Gift Sets, you will need to buy wine through a licensed company. Fortunately, there are many companies that can send fine vintages, bottles, gift baskets, and club memberships to your recipient. Select from a wide range of products to find the perfect gift for your friend or loved one.ReplyDelete