Please give a warm welcome to a sizzling new author, Samantha Beck, with her debut novel, Private Practice!
Dr. Ellie Swann’s Top Five Ways to Drive a Man to His Knees
Hi Crystal! Thanks for having me at Reading between the Wines to discuss what it takes to drive a man to his knees. My education on this topic was completely informal until I sat down to write my debut novel, Private Practice, and realized my heroine, Dr. Ellie Swann, intended to research the subject like the hardcore academic type she is. Thanks to Ellie, I can now quote chapter and verse from her go-to source, The Wild Woman’s Guide to Sex—Tactics Guaranteed to Bring a Man to His Knees, a manual she orders to study the art of seduction. But that would only be half the story of what brings my hero, local bad boy Tyler Longfoot, to his knees. Tyler’s fascination with Ellie stems from more than just her insatiable curiosity about chapter three, or six, (or the ever-controversial chapter thirteen), of the Wild Woman’s Guide! So, in no particular order, here’s what drives big, bad Tyler to his knees:
• Ellie pushes aside her inhibitions and tells him exactly what she wants. Tyler’s taken aback when she sells her silence about the incident that landed him on her doorstep at 2:00 a.m. with a jealous drunk’s bullet in his ass for hands-on sex ed sessions. He’s even more surprised when, on the evening of their first “lesson” she busts out the Wild Woman’s Guide and shows him which chapters she’s flagged. He teases her about taking such an academic approach, but he’s also kind of turned on by her no-holds-barred mindset.
• Ellie shows her adventurous side, and not just in the bedroom. He tempts her onto the back of his Harley, even though she’s clearly nervous about hurtling down the open road with nothing but his skill standing between her and a painful encounter with the asphalt. She trusts him enough to go for it, and her trust affects him as much as the feel of her body pressed up against his—and her fingernails digging crescents into his abs.
• She likes what she’s learning and she can’t help but let her enthusiasm show. Isn’t it every guy’s fantasy to have a woman so interested in, say, chapter three, that she practically throws him down and chapter threes him ‘til his eyes cross?
• Ellie’s open to switching things up. Well, maybe “open” overstates things, because she’s got her carefully constructed lesson plans, but she’s definitely one to go with the flow when Tyler starts improvising. For example, she doesn’t kick him out of bed when he introduces her to his battery-operated friend “Thumper.” Ultimately, she’s very, very pleased to meet the energetic little guy.
• She’s interested in more than just his body. Tyler gets that, initially, Ellie only wants to tap his skills between the sheets, but it’s soon apparent she’s genuinely curious about his work, and supportive of his goal to restore a local landmark. He finds himself sharing things he normally keeps to himself, and looking forward to the pillow talk almost as much as the lead-in.
This is what worked for Ellie, but it is by no means an exhaustive list of ways to drive a man to his knees. I’d love to hear about your sure-fire tactics.
Entangled is giving away one eBook of Private Practice to one reader. To enter, just leave a comment on this post answering Sam's question. Then fill out the rafflecopter below. Good luck!