How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: What is your favorite romantic trope to read about and which is your least favorite?
Let's start with my least favorite first. :)
Secret Babies! Why is every other book I pick up now about secret babies? Ag! It takes some major talent for an author to pull this off where I won't end up hating the heroine or the book all together. Or thinking that the hero is a major pansy for giving in and forgiving this so easily. In my mind, there is just no excuse for hiding a child from a parent. (Stop cringing twinsy, I see you there. *squinty eyes* You know I love ya'.) This being said, I have read a few where the author has written such a great story and woven this into it so masterfully that the secret baby aspect didn't ruin it for me. But I have read more books in this trope where I have wanted to throw them in disbelief.
Annnnnndddd my favorite romantic trope would be the Older Brother's Best Friend! OMG, I lurve this. Seriously love this. I'm not sure if it is because I have always wanted an older brother instead of an annoying younger brother (LOL) or what but I will read any book that has this in it. The secret crush, the angst about falling for your best friends little sister who is all grown up, the passion, the conflict! One of my favorites is Laura Kaye's Her Forbidden Hero. Perfection!
So what are some of your favorite romantic tropes? There are some many out there to choose from! Leave a comment and share!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :)