Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
For when you have trouble deciding between a frozen margarita, and a sangria!
Frozen Lime Margaritas with Sangria Swirl
Prep time: 15 minutes plus freezing time
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 1 cup store bought sangria
- 1 teaspoon agave nector
- 6 ounces (1/2 can) lime concentrate
- 2 ounces tequila of choice
- 1 ounce liquer
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Sliced limes and oranges for garnish
- Place two glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove the glasses and dip the rims in sugar. Return to the freezer until your ready to use them.
- Freeze your sangria in small cups or ice cube trays until completely frozen.
- When the sangria is frozen, place in a blender with the agave and blend until slushy. Return the frozen sangria to the freezer.
- Combine the lime concentrate, tequila, liquer and ice in a blender until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour half of the margarita into each glass. Top with sangria, then another layer of margarita and then another thin layer of sangria. Stir lightly with a straw to swirl the sangria. Serve with lime and orange wedges.
*Recipe by Liz Hughes - Virtually Homemade