Welcome to Saturday Sangria, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
We've had such beautiful weather here in Florida, especially for February, but I know that other parts of the country aren't so lucky right now so I wanted to be sure to send those reader some cheer with this delicious cherry wine cocktail. Enjoy! 🌸🍷
Cherry Cheer Wine Cocktail
Servings: 1 | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 fresh or frozen cherries, pits removed
- 1/4 oz agave nectar
- 2 lemon slices, for drink/garnish
- 1 1/2 oz medium body red wine (a Pinot Noir is best)
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Muddle cherries, agave, and 1 lemon slice in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, wine, and bourbon. Shake vigorously to dissolve agave; strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
*To muddle means to press the ingredients against the side of the glass with a muddler. Muddling helps to release the flavors of the fresh ingredients so that they bind with the alcohol better.