Welcome to Sangria Saturday, where ever Saturday you will find a delicious sangria recipe to go with your weekend reading! Have a recipe of your own? Join the fun and leave us a comment or a link to your own post!
Winter Sangria With Citrus Ice Ring
A new, winter twist on the sangria!
Citrus Ice Ring:
- ½ pink grapefruit
- ½ orange
- 2 clementines or tangerines
- 1 blood orange
- 1 lime
- 2 (750-ml) bottles fruity red wine, such as merlot
- 8 oz orange juice
- 8 oz grapefruit juice
- 6 oz brandy
- 3 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz Cointreau
- 1½ oz lime juice
- Thinly slice grapefruit, orange, clementines or tangerines, blood orange and lime. Layer fruit in a Bundt pan.
- Add just enough distilled water to cover. Freeze at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- In a large punch bowl, combine red wine, orange juice, grapefruit juice, brandy, simple syrup, Cointreau and lime juice. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until cold.
- Fill a very large bowl with hot water. Dip bottom of Bundt pan in water; invert ice ring onto a plate. Add to sangria.