Top 5 Reasons We Love Alpha Men
...with Rebecca Zanetti
I love Alpha males. My books are full of Alpha males, and I’d like to be clear that an Alpha can be a great guy. He can be sweet, understanding, and a good partner. The fallacy of an Alpha always being a jerk is just wrong, and most romance readers understand that fact. Here are my five top reasons we love Alpha males:
- They’re strong. An Alpha has mental, emotional and physical strength. These are important attributes, and strength is important – the emotional strength is as important as the guy being strong enough to lift a car off you. He has to understand physics to do it right.
- They’re wounded. A lot of Alphas are heroes, and they’ve fought and hard. They take risks to save others, and they get hurt on many levels. The right heroine balms a wounded hero, even if she’s smacking him in the head at the time.
- They’re protective. Who doesn’t want to be protected in this life? Sure, we’re tough and can usually take care of ourselves. But if a psycho 200lb bully is coming at me, I’m very happy my husband would take him down before he got to me. An Alpha wouldn’t let anything happen to his love.
- They’re loyal. When an Alpha falls in love, it’s complete. For all time. Romances are full of happily-ever-afters (it’s one of the few rules in a romance, actually), and the loyalty inherent in a true Alpha male makes that possible.
- They’re sexy. Yeah, confidence and a bit of swagger are sexy. Admit it. That look you get across a crowded room from a confident man? Sexy. ☺
Thanks so much for letting me play here today. I’d like to add one more thing about Alpha Males: They exist. “Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”— Captain John Parker, American colonial farmer, mechanic and soldier- 1775
...with Debra Kayn
- Possessive – Believes it's his responsibility, and only his, to see to a woman's needs.
- Dominating – He goes after what he wants, and doesn't care what other people think.
- Bossy- There's no passiveness in alpha men.
- Sexy- All the qualities in an alpha man make him sexy, which has nothing to do with his looks (though they help!). He owns himself.
- Confident – From his speech to body language, an alpha man asserts self confidence in anything he does. It'll often get him in trouble, but he rebounds quickly.
a Rafflecopter giveaway