*Singing* "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday Reading Between the Wines..." *Epic guitar solo*
1) Kissing Ozzy Osbourne when I was 14. Yes, my lips touched bat-biting lips.
2) Watching the Tyson-Holyfield fight and the famous ear-biting incident backstage on TV with The Black Crowes. Those boys from Georgia all screamed like little girls.
3) Being trapped in a band trailer at Woodstock 99 because Insane Clown Posse's trailer was next door, and one of the guys was in his full face makeup and riding a scooter around in little circles outside the door. I don't like clowns!
4) Riding a hotel elevator with Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson - he asked me what floor (in order to push the button for me.) It was very hard to tell him the 6th floor without belting out "6! 6! 6! The number of the floor!"
5) Having Slash from Guns N' Roses ride a bicycle past me...and not having a camera. (It was 1988, no camera phones!)
6) Watching Jeff Buckley perform at the Mercury Lounge in NYC, New Year's Eve 1995, and realizing I had held my breath for an entire song. Truly breathless.
7) Admiring a really cool pair of pants on some lady at the coffee counter in D'agostino...and then Joe Perry from Aerosmith turned around. (Dude looked like a lady from behind!)
8) Meeting my future husband at the Wetlands Rock Club.
9) Watching from the promoter box as 14,000 Guns N' Roses fans rioted and trashed the First Union Center in Philadelphia after Axl and the band pulled a no-show.
10) Taking my daughter to her first metal show. (I blogged about here:
Louder Than Love rock star giveaway:
- $10 Amazon giftcard (Louder Than Love is currently $4.74 over at Amazon, and while I don't think gift cards can be used on pre-orders, it could be used on/after 9/17 if they wished to purchase the book for themselves and - for good karma - a copy for a friend. Or for whatever else they covet on Amazon.)
- fake tattoo sleeve
- amazing Molton Brown black pepper candle (smells like Adrian from the book!)
- Louder Than Love pin
- 2 Louder Than Love guitar picks
(Guitar for display purposes only and not included!) ;) To enter, just fill out the rafflecopter below! (Open to US residents only.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Birthday Music Festival Rock Star Giveaway!
The fabulous authors joining us to celebrate our birthday have each donated one of their books in digital format to giveaway to one reader. One reader will receive six rockin' ebooks at the end of our event! \m/ Enter using the rafflecopter below. Good luck!